Saturday, January 03, 2009

Rollercoaster of Love

Yesterday I got a phone call at work. It was Smitty, and I could tell when I answered that I was on speakerphone. I heard the unmistakable sounds of a zzrrrbt, and then the amazing sound of Sylvie laughing, over and over and over again. It was the best day.

Pi challenges me. I can only try my best to rise up to it. I fail often. He is stubborn, willful, defiant, and I am impatient and see only my own parenting faults in his acting out. I know that we will crack the code, and I keep repeating the age-old mantra, "This too shall pass", but it is difficult. I see the difference that meeting him with positivity makes - he is so verbal and brilliant, and I hope that he will soon develop some emotional vocabulary to help us through this, before I take the next relative who says "I could just take him home with me" at her word.

1 comment:

Hope's Mama said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Must be a very strange place for you to visit with all that has transpired in your life in the last six months. So hard to know why and how who ends up where and on what side of the fence. I sure as hell never imagined I'd end up here, just as you wouldn't have. But for what it's worth, I'm very glad you're not on the other side with me, as we have too many members there as it is.
Warmest (if not belated) congratulations to you on the safe arrival of little Sylvie. I love her name.